TVI Communications is a boutique marketing and PR agency that serves the needs of clients in the environmental, hospitality, health and wellness industries. Nimble enough to work alongside internal departments or provide full-service marketing support, TVI Communications functions as an extension of your team and provides senior-level counsel on corporate communications, marketing strategy, PR, events and digital marketing.
Tami von Isakovics, President
With 20+ years of bi-coastal PR and marketing experience across the hospitality, environmental, renewable energy, arts and entertainment, government and retail industries, Tami von Isakovics is a holistic marketing strategist who cares as much as you do about your business. Working both in-house and at agencies during her career, she approaches each client with an eye for helping them stand out from the crowd and market their best assets.
Most recently, Tami led the communications and marketing department for a utility-scale solar development and financing company based in Asheville, NC. She drove all aspects of corporate communications efforts as well as project-level PR initiatives and policy communications. She also guided the company through an acquisition and the formation of a new company, creating the communications launch strategy, messaging, new company branding, internal and external communications efforts, marketing collateral and digital assets.
Prior to her work in the renewable energy industry, she was the Executive Director of Marketing for Michelin-starred Chef Daniel Boulud, where she led marketing and PR for the group’s 16 restaurants worldwide. A passionate environmentalist, she is constantly looking for ways to help lessen the environmental impact and while at Dinex, Tami implemented a company-wide policy against the use of plastic straws.
Before moving to New York City in 2016, she spent 12 years in San Francisco, specializing in the hospitality industry for companies including Moana Restaurant Group and Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, working with chefs, restaurants and hotels on brand campaigns, PR launches, brand partnerships, property renovations and new openings. Prior to joining Kimpton, she was the President and co-owner of Ellipses Public Relations—a boutique hospitality PR firm specializing in restaurants, travel, food and beverage products and special events.
She began her career in Washington, DC, at Burson-Marsteller, working for public affairs clients such as the U.S. Treasury and Tysons Corner Center. Tami later moved into the entertainment PR world, serving the messaging needs of clients including the Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, WETA Washington, DC (PBS producing station), Disney on Ice and DisneyLive! before she moved westward in 2004.
The Sizzle Reel
A few of the highlights along the way…
- Worked with celebrities and high-profile talent including Chef Daniel Boulud, singer Roberta Flack and PBS news anchor Gwen Ifill, managing their event logistics, corporate sponsorships, public messaging and PR needs
- Launched many new websites over the years, working with designers on visual concepting, functionality, copywriting, e-commerce, social media integration and SEO including the North Block Hotel, Café Boulud, Bar Boulud, Colony Palms Hotel, Olla Cocina, Roundhouse Conference Center and Basalt
- Facilitated with the premiere of A Plastic Ocean at the Barbados Independent Film Festival, sponsored by Dean & Deluca
- At Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Tami programmed, organized, executed and created the content for a nation-wide PR summit of agencies and internal PR team of 75 people
- Launched a nationwide juice program at 12 Kimpton restaurants, managing the operational execution, internal communication, visual branding and PR strategy
- Coached an Executive Chef through her competition on the Food Network’s “Beat Bobby Flay”
- Regularly briefed CEOs and guided their messaging before key media interviews
- Programmed the annual San Francisco Cocktail Week two years in a row, organizing dozens of events, media opportunities and sponsorships over the course of seven days
- Art directed dozens of photo and video shoots for clients across the country spanning from Kauai, Hawaii, to Palm Beach, Florida
- Escorted a group of food and travel journalists to the waterfalls of Yosemite National Park to demonstrate the beauty of visiting the Park year-round, resulting in numerous A-list media placements
- Media trained internationally-performing Disney on Ice skaters
- Managed many crisis communications situations, including a national ice cream brand recall
- Programmed and executed a multi-city media tour post 9/11 for the Department of Transportation’s Federal Transit Administration and Administrator Jenna Dorn, bringing together first responders for a series of workshops called “Connecting Communities”