TVI Communications is a boutique marketing and PR agency offering senior-level counsel that serves the needs of clients in the environmental, non-profit, health and wellness industries. Nimble enough to work alongside internal departments or provide full-service marketing support, TVI Communications functions as an extension of your team. Specialties include traditional PR, branding & messaging, corporate communications, marketing strategy, social media, events, and digital marketing.
Tami von Isakovics, President
With 20+ years of bi-coastal PR and marketing experience across the hospitality, environmental, renewable energy, arts and entertainment, government, and retail industries, Tami von Isakovics is a holistic marketing strategist who cares as much as you do about your business. Working both in-house and at agencies during her career, she approaches each client with an eye for helping them stand out from the crowd and market their best assets.
Tami is a passionate environmentalist dedicated to working with partners who make life better for people and the planet. In 2019 she shifted her core focus to primarily working with clients in the environmental and renewable energy space.
In 2020, Tami led the communications and marketing efforts for a utility-scale solar development and financing company based in Asheville, NC. She drove all aspects of corporate communications as well as project-level PR initiatives and policy communications. She also guided the company through an acquisition and the formation of a new engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) company, creating the communications launch strategy, messaging, new company branding, internal and external communications efforts, marketing collateral, and digital assets.
Prior to her work in the renewable energy industry, she was the Executive Director of Marketing for Michelin-starred Chef Daniel Boulud in New York City, where she led marketing and PR for the group’s 16 restaurants worldwide. While there, Tami implemented a company-wide policy against the use of plastic straws and to-go packaging.
Before moving to New York in 2016, she spent 12 years in San Francisco, specializing in the hospitality industry for companies including Moana Restaurant Group and Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, working with chefs, restaurants, and hotels on brand campaigns, PR launches, brand partnerships, property renovations, and new openings. Prior to working in-house, she was the President and co-owner of Ellipses Public Relations—a boutique hospitality PR firm specializing in restaurants, travel, food and beverage products, and special events.
She began her career in Washington, DC, at Burson-Marsteller, working for public affairs clients such as the U.S. Treasury and Tysons Corner Center. Tami later moved into the entertainment PR world, serving clients including the Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, WETA Washington, DC (PBS producing station), Disney on Ice, and DisneyLive! before she moved westward in 2004.
Tami is a member of PRSA’s Counselor’s Academy and Charlotte chapter. She also volunteers for local non-profit Friends of Feral Felines, helping hotline callers with resources to humanely Trap, Neuter, Vaccinate & Return (TNVR) community cats.
The Sizzle Reel
A few of the highlights along the way…
- Worked with celebrities and high-profile talent including Chef Daniel Boulud, singer Roberta Flack and PBS news anchor Gwen Ifill, managing their event logistics, corporate sponsorships, public messaging and PR needs
- Facilitated with the premiere of A Plastic Ocean at the Barbados Independent Film Festival, sponsored by Dean & Deluca
- Launched a nationwide juice program for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants at 12 property locations, managing the operational execution, internal communication, visual branding and PR strategy
- Coached an Executive Chef through her competition on the Food Network’s “Beat Bobby Flay”
- Programmed the annual San Francisco Cocktail Week two years in a row, organizing dozens of events, media opportunities and sponsorships over the course of seven days
- Executed a multi-city media tour post 9/11 for the Department of Transportation’s Federal Transit Administration and Administrator Jenna Dorn, bringing together first responders for a series of workshops called “Connecting Communities”