TVI Communications is a boutique marketing and PR agency based in New York City that specializes in the hospitality and wellness space. Nimble enough to work alongside internal departments or provide full-service marketing support, TVI Communications functions as an extension of your team.
Corporate Communications ~ Marketing ~ PR ~ Branding ~ Event Planning
Tami von Isakovics, President
With 20+ years of bi-coastal PR and marketing experience across the hospitality, arts and entertainment, retail and government industries, Tami von Isakovics is a holistic marketing strategist who cares as much as you do about your business. Working both in-house and at agencies during her career, she approaches each client with an eye for helping them stand out from the crowd and market their best assets.
Most recently as the Executive Director of Marketing for Michelin-starred Chef Daniel Boulud, she led all aspects of marketing and PR for the group’s 16 restaurants worldwide. A passionate environmentalist, she is constantly looking for ways to help lessen the environmental footprint and while at Dinex, Tami implemented a company-wide policy against the use of plastic straws. Before moving to New York City in 2016, she spent 12 years in San Francisco, specializing in the hospitality industry for companies including Moana Restaurant Group and Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, working with chefs, restaurants and hotels on brand campaigns, PR launches, brand partnerships, property renovations and new openings. Prior to joining Kimpton, she was the President and co-owner of Ellipses Public Relations—a boutique hospitality PR firm specializing in restaurants, travel, food and beverage products and special events.
She began her career in Washington, DC, at Burson-Marsteller, working for public affairs clients such as the U.S. Treasury and Tysons Corner Center. Tami later moved into the entertainment PR world, serving the messaging needs of clients including the Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, WETA Washington, DC (PBS producing station), Disney on Ice and DisneyLive! before she moved westward in 2004.
The Sizzle Reel
A few of the highlights along the way…
- Worked with celebrities and high-profile people including Chef Daniel Boulud, singer Roberta Flack and PBS news anchor Gwen Ifill, managing their event logistics, corporate sponsorships, public messaging and PR needs
- Launched many new websites over the years, working with designers on visual concepting, functionality, copywriting, e-commerce, social media integration and SEO including the North Block Hotel, Café Boulud, Bar Boulud, Colony Palms Hotel, Olla Cocina, Roundhouse Conference Center and Basalt
- Assisted with the premiere of A Plastic Ocean at the Barbados Independent Film Festival, sponsored by Dean & Deluca
- At Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Tami programmed, organized, executed and created the content for a nation-wide PR summit of agencies and internal PR team of 75 people
- Launched a nationwide juice program at 12 Kimpton restaurants, managing the operational execution, internal communication, visual branding and PR strategy
- Coached an Executive Chef through her competition on the Food Network’s “Beat Bobby Flay”
- Regularly briefed CEOs and guided their messaging before key media interviews
- Programmed the annual San Francisco Cocktail Week two years in a row, organizing dozens of events, media opportunities and sponsorships over the course of seven days
- Art directed photo shoots for clients ranging from Kauai, Hawaii, to Palm Beach, Florida
- Escorted a group of journalists to the waterfalls of Yosemite National Park to get the story of why traveling to the Park year-round is worth it, resulting in numerous A-list media placements
- Media trained internationally-performing Disney on Ice skaters
- Managed many crisis communications situations, including a national ice cream brand recall